Saturday, April 16, 2011

Color Study Shawl Purple-to-Yellow




I bought a 48" triangle loom from Weaver's Cupboard last weekend and decided to do a sort of color study shawl as a my first project. I ransacked my stash and managed to find an assortment of yarns in various fibers in shades of purple, red, orange and yellow. Some yarns were handspun, some commercially spun. I started with purple on the outer edges and worked to yellow in the middle. One handspun yarn was shades of burgundy, orange and yellow. I had hoped that the yarn would mostly show as burgundy and flow with the rest of the gradation, but sadly it seems not to have worked out that way. But I still think the end result is very nice. I added in fringe as well, coordinating the fringe colors with their respective sections.

No comments:

Post a Comment