Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Studio 66 Retreat is almost here!



It is almost time to relax at the Studio 66 Retreat! Last year I was merely a participant, but this year I have helped with the planning and I already know that it is going to be bigger and better! There are fun activities planned, like the community space dye project that everyone gets to participate in. There will be a limited number of people that get to sign up for dyeing fiber in the crock pot, which I will help to demonstrate and answer questions. There will also be some demonstrations of weaving, spinning, beading and dyeing. I will be doing a knitting demonstration on the basic techniques of double knitting. When we're not busy spinning and weaving, there will be gourmet meals, a raffle and even a bird walk. Lots of exciting stuff! I've already started packing and counting down the days until I get to smell the fresh mountain air.

No comments:

Post a Comment