Sunday, July 11, 2010
I received an email today about the gauge for Aster Vest, so I got out my sample and re-checked it. The gauge should be 18 sts= 4", not 14 sts. So sorry for the error! The pattern pdf has been updated on Ravelry.
Early last week an idea for a fiber colorway popped into my head. I was watching tv and suddenly a vision of periwinkle, lilac, coral and sage green appeared to me and I knew I had to dye it up. I finally had time to work on it yesterday and I realized that dyeing is a very exact science. I tried really hard to get the colors from my vision but they didn't turn out exactly right. Well, they didn't turn out right at all! But I still ended up with a pretty piece of fiber. The colors are much brighter than I envisioned, but they are still muted brights that aren't obnoxious or hard on the eyes. My dyeing mentor always tells me "A happy dyer is a dyer that is happy with what comes out the of dye pot." So this happy dyer is sharing a few photos of what came out of the dye pot, Parrot Paradise which is for sale in my etsy shop.
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Ok, so I posted before that I had finally gotten my blog to link correctly to Ravelry but that was a big lie. After must frustration and several emails to the head honchos at Ravelry, I had to bite the bullet and just change my blog address. It wasn't nearly as painful to export the old blog and import it into the new blog as I thought it would be, so here I am finally with a blog that will actually show up on my friends list. Yay! To celebrate, here is a cute doggie picture.