Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mother's Day weaving projects



Over the past two weeks I have been busily weaving two Mother's Day presents. The first is a 48" triangle shawl for my mother-in-law. It is worked in a simple check pattern in a variegated wool/alpaca blend yarn and a light green wool yarn. Carried throughout the shawl is a nubby rayon yarn that gives a nice texture to the weaving and the twisted fringe.

The second project is a rainbow jacket for my mom. It is made from two 48" triangles sewn together. I used two yarns held together, a rainbow variegated cotton blend and a lt pink/rainbow ribbon yarn with gold lurex. I wasn't sure how the colors would work together, I thought it might be too garish. But in the end I think the effect is a nice pastel rainbow. I used a smooth orange cotton yarn to work a crocheted edging that finishes the edges and tacks down the triangle shaped cuffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment