Thursday, July 12, 2012

Zoey Star Beret redux

One of my go-to hats is my Zoey Star Beret.  I designed it several years ago and since then it has been one of my favorites.  I don't know if it is the design, neutral color, or warmth that always draws me in, but it seems that whenever I'm in a rush I grab it and run out the door.


Over the years I have learned a lot about designing, layout, and now (thanks to Craftsy!) photography.  I strive to put out the best patterns to my ability.  I have started using a new software for my pattern layouts in an attempt to make them more user friendly and make it easier for me to add photos.  Being one of my first few patterns, Zoey Star uses my original layout and rather crummy charting software.  I decided it was time to start the overhaul on my old patterns and this one is the first to get a makeover.  I even ventured into the forest this morning, in 90 degrees plus humidity and endured a dozen mosquito bites (silly me, no bug spray) to shoot some improved photos.  I look like I'm nice and cozy in my wool coat and hat, right?  Well I was beyond cozy, but nobody else needs to know that besides you and me, dear Knitters.



So, in addition to a new layout I have added a new size as well.  Zoey Star Beret now has instructions for a 20" and 22" brim circumference.

If you are interested, here is the Ravelry link.  $3 

In the near future I hope to be bringing you improved versions of several of my old patterns.  Until then, Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment