Friday, July 20, 2012

New Pattern: Graciella Shawl


Hello from stormy North Carolina!  All sorts of house shaking thunder but (as of yet) no rain.  Luckily there was some beautiful morning light and I was able to take some photos of my new pattern, Graciella Shawl.

Graciella is a small crescent shawl with an Estonian lace border and a Stockinette stitch body worked in short rows.  It uses 350 yards laceweight yarn.

FINISHED MEASUREMENTS
50" wide and 10" long at the center

SKILLS NEEDED
ability to read a chart
ssk
k2tog
sl1, k2tog, psso
5-st nupp
yo

$5 

Also, today I had a funny conversation in the post office.  In the Designers group we've been having a lively conversation about how to explain our job to non-crafting people.  A lot of us get comments from people about knitting being a 'dead art'.  We're not all dead yet!  Today I was in the post office mailing off some design submissions.  The postal worker asked what was in the envelope, which caught me off guard because they usually just ask if there is anything perishable or flammable.  I answered papers and yarn.  Her face brightened and she exclaimed "Knitting!!  Now that's a dead art!"  I assured her that there are plenty of knitters left in the world.  Let's keep those traditions alive!


No comments:

Post a Comment