Monday, September 5, 2011

New Pattern: Desert Waves Scarf & Shawl

I am happy to present my newest knitting pattern, Desert Waves Scarf & Shawl. 

Desert Waves Scarf and Shawl are worked in an eyelet chevron pattern. When worked in a yarn with long color changes, the pattern creates a gradation of undulating waves of color. The scarf and shawl are worked on needles larger than usually used for fingering weight yarn, which creates a slightly open fabric that provides warmth without too much weight.  Pattern includes charted and written instructions.

Finished Measurements:
Scarf: 10.5” wide and 60” long Shawl:17" wide and 80" long

Skills Needed:
kfb
k2tog
yo
skp

Materials Needed:
US 6/ 4mm knitting needles
Scarf: 390 yards fingering weight self striping yarn
Shawl: 780 yards fingering weight self striping yarn

Gauge:
18 stitches and 24 rows = 4 inches in Stockinette stitch
 
Cost: $5



The photoshoot for this pattern was a rather funny experience.  It was the middle of August and I was visiting my parents down in the hot hot desert near Palm Springs.  I decided to take the photos on the golf course in front of my parents house, thinking that the palm trees and purple mountains would make a nice backdrop.  Right after breakfast my mom and I went out there to take photos.  It was only about 8:30, but it was already at least 100 degrees and there were biting fleas in the grass.  I found it hard to have a serene look on my face while I was dripping with sweat and getting flea bites on my legs!  Luckily we were done in about 15 minutes, and I very quickly ripped off my wool coat and took a dip in the swimming pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment