Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Button Box


I'm currently working on a design that involves buttons.  Lots and lots of buttons.  When I was a kid, my dear mother gave me lots of different craft kits.  Many of these kits were from the HearthSong catalog, which still sells great toys for kids.  One day she gave me a big Button Box that was filled with hundreds of different buttons.  Like any kid, I would go through them all and pick out my favorites and group them all by color or size.  Over the next 16 years I added buttons leftover from sewing projects and attached to new clothes.  Needless to say, my collection has vastly grown over time.  This morning I got out my Button Box and, just like I did many years ago, marveled over every button and picked out my favorites to use for my new project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment