Tuesday, February 21, 2012

New Pattern: Etoile Hat


I'm on a roll this month, I have published another hat pattern.  This one is Etoile Hat, a slouchy beanie worked in eyelet concentric stars.  I really like the yarn, Andean Treasure, it is a warm and fuzzy sport weight alpaca yarn in a very intense shade of blue.  I wanted to stray from my usual rib band and instead tried out a ridged eyelet stripe.  This pattern was definitely not smooth sailing.  I started out with a completely different yarn and different chart.  The star pattern just wasn't working, and three charts and two froggings later (with a change of yarn in between) I ended up with this lovely finished product.  



FINISHED MEASUREMENTS
Circumference: 22”
Length: 8”


SKILLS NEEDED
ability to read a chart 
working in the round 
yo 
ssk 
k2tog 
sl 1, k2tog, psso



No comments:

Post a Comment