Sunday, October 9, 2011

New Pattern: Adora Hat



Adora is a close fitting hat with an elegant scalloped brim. Worked in the round from the bottom up, the stitch pattern is a twin leaf with a contrasting eyelet stripe. The crown decreases bring the leaves into a pointed star shape. This hat should be worn with 1-2” negative ease.

I have been loving vintage hats recently, and I wanted this one to be reminiscent of the flapper hats from the 1920's.  I have lots of casual hats, but nothing that I would consider wearing with a nice dress on an evening out.  Instead of just letting my head get cold, I decided to design an elegant option that would keep me nice and toasty warm on a cold night.

Approximate yardage used: MC 110 (130) yds, CC 45 (55) yds

Skills needed:
ability to read a chart
working in the round
k2tog
ssk
yo

$4



No comments:

Post a Comment