Monday, July 11, 2011

Sneak Peek and Vacation Photos

Wow! After almost a month away from home I sure am glad to be back. I started off on a two week vacation to Lake Tahoe, a beautiful lake that sits on the border between California and Nevada. I have gone there almost every year of my life, and as a new military wife this year might be the last time I get to see it for awhile. My family and I tend to do the same things every year but they are always fun. I can never seem to get over how clear and blue the sky is without city smog. Squaw Valley, the home of the 1960 Winter Olympics, was completely covered in snow.

We did do a few new things, like visiting the wineries in nearby Placerville and Gardnerville. One of them had beautifully landscaped grounds and I thought it would be the perfect spot for photoshoot for my upcoming lace shawl pattern. Below is a sneak peek for this pattern coming soon.




After vacation I returned to my parents house for a day, just long enough to do my laundry and repack my suitcase from cool weather clothes to humid and sticky clothes. I then was whisked away to Georgia. After what seemed like the longest three months of my life, I got to watch my husband graduate from Army Basic Training at Fort Benning. I was so proud to watch him march by in his uniform!



I only got to see him for a couple days before he left for advanced training. Now I have returned home and am trying to get used to my new routine. I am lucky enough to have 'knitting designer and general housekeeper' as my full-time job now. Of course I have a fantastic assistant. Though he does seems to overly enjoy his nap time, he is always energetic and ready to give positive reassurance. Looks like he's ready to help me start working on my new pattern. Let's get to work!



No comments:

Post a Comment